Returning Student Housing
If you are a returning SVC student, and did not go through the housing lottery, here is a step-by-step guide to request housing for the fall.
Step #1: You need to read the 2018-2019 Housing Contract in its entirety. After reading the form, print off the third page and complete it.
Step #2: Send in your form(s)! You can mail or fax them to:
Office of Residence Life
Southern Vermont College
982 Mansion Drive
Bennington, VT 05201-6002
Step #3: Feel free to call 802-447-4013 with any questions!
- Quiet-Living Housing is a community for upper-class students who are looking for an environment that is more focused on enabling individuals complete their work with less noise and distraction. For more information, contact the Office of Residence Life.
- For a student to be exempt from the residency requirement, they must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have at least six semesters of full college enrollment (Class of 2018/2019/2020).
- Have at least six semesters of full college enrollment (starting with Class of 2021).
- Be 23 years of age or older.
- Be a veteran of the U.S. armed forces.
- Be married and/or have children.
- Be considered a local resident by living within a 50-mile commuting radius of the College and have established that residency for at least three months prior to enrollment.
Until the requirement is met:
All full-time students with fewer than six full-time semesters of college enrollment are required to reside in College housing. If a student transfers to the College with fewer than six full-time semesters of college enrollment, the student is required to live in College housing until the requirement is met.
- If you are a returning SVC student, went through the housing lottery and would like to request a room change, please contact the Director of Residence Life at 802-447-4013 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the wait list.
- Housing assignments will be completed over the summer. Returning students will be notified of their placements and roommate assignments throughout the summer via email.
- We will do our best to accommodate all requests. It is not always possible to give everyone their first choice.
We look forward to your return in the fall!