Skip to content
open navigation

New Student Housing

The Office of Residence Life Welcomes You to SVC!

Here is a step-by-step guide to request your housing for the fall. To read more about our housing options prior to submitting your housing paperwork, go here!

Step #1:  After paying your admissions deposit, you need to read the 2017-2018 Housing Contract in its entirety. After reading the form, print off the third page and complete it.

Step #2:  Complete the form, recording your assignment preference, room type preference, roommate preference and other general information about yourself.

Step #3: Send the completed form by July 11. You can mail or fax it to:

Office of Residence Life
Southern Vermont College
982 Mansion Drive
Bennington, VT 05201-6002

Fax: 802-447-4083

Step #4: Feel free to call 802-447-4013 with any questions!

Helpful Hints

1.  If you need to request Special Housing Accommodations, please go to 2017-2018 Special Accommodations for further instructions.

2.  All full-time students with fewer than four full-time semesters of college enrollment are required to reside in College housing. If a student transfers to the College with fewer than four full-time semesters of college enrollment, the student is required to live in College housing until the requirement is met.

3.  The vast majority of first-year students live in Aldis and Bowen. This is to help create a living environment that is supportive of the transition for first-year students.

4.  We will do our best to accommodate all requests. It is not always possible to give everyone their first choice.

5.  Housing assignments will be completed over the summer. Students will be notified of their placements and roommate assignments during the week of August 1.

We look forward to seeing you in August!

Back to top