Skip to content
open navigation


female student in her room

All full-time students with fewer than six full-time semesters (not including summer sessions) of college enrollment are required to reside in College housing. If a student transfers to the College with fewer than six full-time semesters of college enrollment, the student will be required to live in College housing until the requirement is met. Housing contracts are in effect for the entire academic year. Students who break their contract without express permission from the Dean of Students will be held financially responsible for all room and board charges. For a student to be exempt from the residency requirement, the student must meet at least one of the following criteria:

• Have at least four semesters of full-time college enrollment;
• Be 23 years of age or older;
• Be a veteran of the U.S. armed forces;
• Be married and/or have children; or
• Be considered a local resident by living within a 50-mile commuting radius of the College and have established that residency for at least three months prior to enrollment.

Students who live off campus without approval may be billed for room and board.

Prior to admission to the College, new students wishing to appeal the on-campus residency requirement must submit a written appeal to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and the Dean of Students. The student must clearly state the reason(s) for his or her request. All decisions are final.

Appeals of the residency requirement for currently enrolled students must be made in writing to the Dean of Students, whose decision is final.

Housing Eligibility

Housing is available to full-time students (minimum of 12 credits) on a space-available basis. Students enrolled in fewer than 12 credit hours who want on-campus housing may appeal to the Dean of Students. All new students are typically placed in double-occupancy rooms; a limited number of single-occupancy rooms is available. There may be times when new students are assigned to triple-occupancy or alternative housing on a temporary basis until space becomes available. Any student placed in this temporary housing assignment may be given priority for placement before all other requests.

A student who requests and accepts a housing assignment agrees to abide by all College policies, regulations, and conditions as outlined in the Community Standards of Conduct and the Housing Contract.

Housing Options

Within the Residence Halls, a variety of special housing options exist. Below is a description of those options. In the event that there are more requests for a specific option than there are spaces available, housing assignments will be made using the “Housing Assignment Process” equation. Please see “What is the Housing Assignment Process.”

Each current residence hall (Aldis Hall through Ellinwood Hall) is made up of six suites. Each suite offers a living room, bathroom, and four double-occupancy bedrooms. In some suites, an additional single bedroom is also available.

The Residence Complex also offers a laundry facility, cable television service, telephone service, in-room Internet access, and a 24-hour computer lab.

View four images of new furniture in Residence Halls A-C.

Aldis Hall and Bowen Hall

Aldis and Bowen Hall are designated first-year buildings. Primarily for incoming Freshmen students, Aldis and Bowen Hall is suite-style living.

Cady Hall and Ellinwood Hall

Cady and Ellinwood Hall houses our upperclassmen and transfer students.  Cady Hall may house any overflow of first-year Freshmen students as well.  This is also suite-style housing.

Darby Hall

Darby Hall is suite style and houses upperclassmen students.  It is also designated quiet housing.

Hunter Hall

Hunter Hall is our newest residence hall and opened in 2009. Geared toward upperclassmen students, Hunter Hall offers a beautiful atrium with a full kitchen, various labs, and living and learning space where students can study.

Every room in Hunter Hall is a single bedroom within a suite.  Each suite has a shared full bath, as well as a half bath, and a shared common space with study lounges.

Housing Deposits

All residential students must have a $200 (nonrefundable) housing deposit on account with the College. Housing deposits must be received by July 1 for both new and returning students in order to guarantee a space. After that date, should there not be any spaces available, first-year students will be placed into temporary housing and other students will be placed on a housing waiting list.

Back to top