Skip to content
open navigation

Residence Life

Southern Vermont College’s Residence Life program encourages all students to develop independence, responsibility, accountability, and leadership experiences in conjunction with their classroom experiences.

Each residence hall has Resident Advisors (RAs) to help residents. RAs are valuable resources for all students on campus. Their main responsibilities are the safety, security, and well-being of the resident students. They offer educational and recreational programs that all students are encouraged to attend. The staff of RAs are supervised and trained by the Resident Directors.

We all need to work together to live in a healthy and safe community.  We encourage all members of our community to participate in our events and offer suggestions, ideas, and assistance. Southern Vermont College is a wonderful place to live, and we all must work together to keep it that way.

Residence Hall living can be a very important part of a student’s educational experience. Many lifelong friendships have developed from college roommate relationships. Southern Vermont College encourages all full-time students to take advantage of the on-campus housing facilities.

All full-time students, primarily freshmen and sophomores, with fewer than four full-time semesters of college enrollment are required to reside in College housing, unless you live within 45 miles of the campus or are 21 years of age or older.

The following information relates to all aspects of residential living. Questions should be directed to the Resident Directors.

Contact Information

Residence Director Allison Davis

Fax: 802-447-4083
982 Mansion Drive
Bennington, VT 05201-6002

Residence Quick Links

Back to top