Campus Safety & Transportation
Southern Vermont College is committed to providing its students, faculty, and staff with a safe campus on which to study, work, and live by making each student and employee aware of how to reduce the possibilities of incidents and create a better campus environment. View shuttle schedules.
It is the policy of Southern Vermont College that all faculty, staff, and students be responsible for acting in a safe manner and reporting those situations or individuals that jeopardize their safety or the safety of others.
Suspicion is the only reason you need for calling the Campus Safety Office to report any crime or suspicious activity.
A Campus Safety Officer can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week by dialing:
Campus Safety Office: 802.447-4001 or
Campus Safety Cell Phone: 802.384-1648
If you do call, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name, which will be disclosed only to the Dean of Students;
- Location of the incident you are reporting;
- A description of the scene and suspects; and
- A description of any vehicle involved, particularly the license number.
Campus Safety Quick Links
- e2campus Emergency Notification System
- Concerned about a Student?
- What To Do If…
- Building Security
- Campus Security and Your Local Police
- Crime Prevention
- Alcohol and Drug Policy & Education
- Weapon Policy
- Victim Assistance Information Sources
- Campus Crime and Fire Safety Annual Report 2018
- Drug & Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP) 2018
- Crime and Fire Statistics
- Daily Crime Log – hard copy available in the Office of Campus Safety
- Campus Safety Ticket Appeal
Important Phone Numbers & Emails
Campus Safety Office
- Aldis Hall, First Floor
- Fax: 802-681-2869
- 802-447-4000, ext. 4001
- Cell Phone: 802-384-1648
Dean of Students
- 802-447- 6323
- Emergency Police/Fire/Emergency Medical Services (EMS): Dial 911
- Bennington Police Department: 802-442-1030
- Bennington Rural Fire Department: 802-447-7765
- Bennington Rescue Squad: 802-681-7679