College is more than classroom lectures, homework and exams. An SVC education is a total learning experience, providing the student with opportunities to develop leadership skills, build lifelong friendships, enhance personal and professional skills, and prepare for a fulfilling and successful life. The Dean of Students oversees the following areas of student life: Counseling, Health Services, and Residence Life. The staff members in the Student Life department are available to assist students throughout their academic careers at Southern Vermont College.
- Heather Quire, Dean of Students
- Special Assistant to the Dean of Students
- Audrey Ames, Coordinator of Student Engagement
- Allison Davis, Residence Director A-E and Hunter Hall
- Deborah Berg, Health Services Nurse
- Louise Binette, Director of Counseling Services
- Leanne Yinger, Counselor
Southern Vermont College offers a variety of co-curricular programs that compliment and support the academic program. For a look into some of these programs, please visit our Clubs & Organizations page.
The Southern Vermont College Division of Student Life’s mission is to provide a rich co-curricular experience in which we:
- Offer a variety of programmatic and leadership opportunities which enhance the college experience.
- Promote personal and social responsibility.
- Empower students to be socially conscious contributors to the campus and greater community.
- Provide a safe and supportive living/learning environment.