Skip to content
open navigation

Paying Your SVC Bill

Paying Your SVC Student Statement

Two weeks prior to the beginning of the term, students are responsible for full payment of their tuition balance, less pending financial aid. SVC encourages students to communicate with their parents regarding the status of their student account and to contact the Student Accounts Office with any questions or concerns they may have.  The “balance due” can be calculated by subtracting the “pending financial aid” found on the Financial Obligation Worksheet from the student account invoice balance.

Payment Due Dates

August 1, 2016 – for Fall 2016 Tuition
January 1, 2017 – for Spring 2017 Tuition

Forms of Payment

Current students can make online payments directly through the SVC Student Portal.

Online payments for any SVC account can be made through our Payment Page.

Payment can also be made by check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, cash, or through a monthly payment plan (see payment plan information below).

Payment can be mailed to:

Southern Vermont College
Student Accounts Office
982 Mansion Drive
Bennington, VT 05201

A Credit Card Payment Form may be completed and faxed to us at 802-447-6329.

Payment Plans: Students may choose to pay the current semesters tuition balance on a monthly basis by making arrangements with Tuition Management Systems (TMS). An enrollment fee is mandatory to open a payment plan; however, it is a one time fee for the year, and the plan will not accrue interest. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that the payment plan contract matches the amount owed to Southern Vermont College. If at any time the payment plan is not up to date or in default, the student’s account is subject to transcript and registration holds until the account becomes current once again. Students are encouraged to contact the Student Accounts Office at any time if a recalculation of the balance due is needed. Students are responsible to settle any balances that still remain on their student account after their payment plans have ended.

Tuition Management Systems (TMS): 800-722-4867 or 

Financial Aid and your Student Account

The student’s Financial Obligation Worksheet will reflect the financial aid eligibility only after the student has signed and returned the award letter. Pending financial aid will appear under the “anticipated credits” section of the student’s obligation worksheet. It will reduce the amount the student is expected to pay. The “Anticipated Balance” line is the amount the student can expect to pay out of pocket.

Student Loans: Stafford Loans (subsidized and unsubsidized), Parent PLUS Loans, and alternative loans will not appear on your financial obligation worksheet until they are certified by the Office of Student Financial Services. Certification happens after all proper forms have been completed and filed with the Office of Student Financial Services.

College Work Study: A work-study award may be part of your financial aid package. However, this award will not be deducted from your bill. If you are employed in a work-study position, your paycheck will be available at the Business Office on Thursdays after 3 p.m.

Outside Scholarships and Funding: If you will be receiving an outside scholarship, grant, or loan that will not be paid by the semester bill due date, a letter from that agency must be provided to the Student Accounts Office. If a letter is not provided to the Student Accounts Office, you will be responsible for payment.

Employer Reimbursement and Veteran Payment Options

Employer Reimbursement: Students who have official verification of employer’s intent to pay are eligible for this option. Students must be paid in full from the prior semester in order to exercise this option. Official verification in the form of a letter and/or payment voucher must be signed and submitted by the employer and submitted to the Student Accounts Office prior to the first day of classes.

Veteran Payment Option: Eligible students are those who are certified for VA educational benefits by the SVC VA representativeStudents must be paid in full from prior semester. Students will need to submit an authorized veteran payment voucher to the Student Accounts Office in lieu of payment.

Unpaid Balances

Students with unpaid balances cannot receive grades, transcripts, diplomas, or enroll in future classes at Southern Vermont College. Unpaid balances will result in transcript and registration holds on your student account, until the balances are paid in full.

Back to top