Linda M. Lippacher, RT(R), (M), MARadiology Program Director, Division of Nursing and Health Services
A lifer in the field of radiology, Lin Lippacher is the Program Director of Radiologic Science. Lin’s experience in the field includes diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, CT scan, mammography, radiology administration and education. Her scholarly interests include breast cancer awareness and screening; radiographic archeology and the use of radiographs to unlock the mysteries of the past.
- MA, Administration and Leadership, Health Care, Plattsburgh State University, 1992
- BS, Educational Studies, Health Education, Empire State College, 1988
- AAS, Radiologic Technology, North Country Community College, 1982
- Assistant Professor and Program Director of Radiologic Sciences, SVC, 2003 – present
- Program Director, Radiologic Technology, North Country Community College, 2000 - 2003
- Contracted faculty, North Country Community College, 1997-2000
- Adjunct faculty, SUNY Empire State College, 1992 – 2000
- Rs230 Radiographic Equipment
- Rs330 Radiographic Exposures
- Rs300 Digital Imaging, Processing and Quality Control
- Rs350 Radiation Protection and Biology
- Rs370 Radiographic Pathology
- Rs480 Senior Seminar
- Rs461-463 Principles of CT I, II, III
Radiation Physics and Radiation Biology
I have wanted to be in the field of radiology since I was 12. My love of the field, and the need for good technologists, led me to change my focus from Radiology Administration to Education.
Awards & Honors
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Southern Vermont College, 2006, 2009
- GE Healthcare Award for Excellence, 2004
- NYCOMED Amersham Award for Excellence in Radiology Administration, 2000
- AHRA, North Atlantic Statistical Resource Committee Member, 1995
- Tri-lake Federal Credit Union, Board of Trustee, Vice President 1998 – 2003
- Northern New York Society of Radiologic Technology, President. 1988 1990
Scholarly and/or Professional Works
JRCERT Site Visitor 2010 – present
Deciccio, A., Kenny, T., Lippacher, L., and Flanary, B. (October 25, 2011) Gateway to Healthcare Careers for Vulnerable Student: A New Approach to the Teaching of Anatomy and Physiology. The New England Journal of Higher Education.
Van Nostrand, L. (November 1995) Citizen Takes Advantage of Open Door Policy, Creates Uneasy Feeling. Advance for Administrators in Radiology.
Van Nostand, L. (Fall 1988) Breast Cancer, Who does it affect? A Demographic Look at Risk Factors. Radiology.