Julie M. Walsh, RT(R), (M), (CT) MEdAssistant Professor, Division of Nursing and Health Services
I graduated from the University of Connecticut with a bachelor’s degree in Human Development and then decided to go to school for Radiologic Technology. After graduating with an associate’s degree, I worked at Yale New Haven Hospital until I moved to Vermont. I have been a technologist at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center, Northshire Medical Center, and Mount Snow, and began my teaching career eight years ago.
I am currently three classes away from obtaining my master’s in Adult Education from Park University. I live in East Dorset, Vt., with my husband and three kids. I coach 3rd and 4th grade girls lacrosse, and I volunteer by teaching environmental science to 2nd and 4th graders at the Dorset School.
- Computed Tomography Certificate, 2017
- M.Ed., Adult Education, Park University, 2013
- BS, Human Development, University of Connecticut, Storrs, 1991
- Clinical Coordinator, The John Merck Division of Science and Technology, Southern Vermont College, 2003-present
- Clinical Coordinator, Radiologic Technology courses
- Introduction to Radiology and Medical Technology
- Radiographic Positioning
On Being at SVC
Getting to know each student individually. The class sizes are small, and I can interact with students one on one. I want to see each of my students succeed.