Southern Vermont College is seeking candidates for the position of Transfer Counselor. This is a full-time, twelve-month position responsible for the recruitment of prospective students with a special focus on the recruitment of transfer students. Ideal candidates will have a positive attitude, and ability to build effective results oriented relationships with community colleges. The Transfer Counselor will attend college fairs, visit community colleges, meet with prospective students and their families, transfer counselors, participate in various on and off campus recruitment events, and coordinate special projects. This position will include extensive overnight travel during peak recruitment times as well as occasional nights and weekend hours. The Transfer Counselor reports to the Director of Admissions.
Requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- 1-2 years college admissions experience;
- Ability to effectively communicate the positive impact of higher education to a variety of people, such as prospective high school and transfer students, school counselors, parents and guardians, plus members of the College community;
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal, and presentation skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently;
- Good time management and attention to detail;
- Ability to meet deadlines, function well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, and meet or exceed enrollment goals;
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office suite, Google Docs, Prezi, and student information systems (CAMS a plus);
- A current valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume, and three professional references to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com. Application review will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Southern Vermont College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to CSheringham@svc.edu