Southern Vermont College is seeking an Operations Assistant for the Office of Admissions. This is a full-time, twelve-month position for a person who is detail oriented, has excellent organization skills, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner. The ideal candidate will have the ability to balance working independently while also serving as a crucial member of the admissions team. It is key that the Operations Assistant have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and an understanding of the importance of customer service. In addition to providing operational and administrative support to the Office of Admission, they will provide administrative support directly to the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfill all student application processing duties including:
- Data entry.
- Updating and maintaining applicant records both electronically and paper records.
- Coordinating the execution of both electronic and print communication/marketing plans.
- Assist the Office of Admissions:
- Answering the College’s main phone line.
- Overseeing the opening procedures for the Office of Admissions.
- Coordinating student visits to campus including scheduling appointments with various campus stakeholders.
- Oversee departmental inventory and purchasing process
- Assist the Vice President for Enrollment Management with:
- Budget record-keeping.
- Invoices and Request for Purchase (RFP) processing.
- Meeting coordination and the taking of minutes.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Ability to thrive under pressure and proven ability to see projects through to completion; a proficient knowledge of computer skills are a must with Microsoft Office suite (specifically Excel), Google Docs, and student information systems (CAMS enterprise and Liaison-EMP are the two primary systems currently in use). Availability for occasional evening and weekend work is required for enrollment-related events and functions. The ability to pass a background check as well as hold a current valid driver’s license, and clear driving record, are required.
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately until the position is filled. Southern Vermont College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, family or marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com