LIEUTENANT OF CAMPUS SAFETY
Southern Vermont College (SVC) is recruiting for a Lieutenant of Campus Safety. This is a full-time non-sworn position, 12-month position under the general supervision of the Director of Campus Safety or his/her designee, to plan, organize and coordinate the operations of any one of the following units: Patrol Operations & Special Events Services or Parking & Transportation Services and to supervise operations of assigned activities and personnel. The ideal candidate will be an innovative and progressive self-starter with excellent management and problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box while enforcing all College policies including conduct, parking, and speed enforcement.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
• Supervise, train, and evaluate personnel including Campus Safety Officers, transportation staff, and work study students;
• Supervise shift operations and personnel; conducts criminal & Title IX investigations
• Assist with campus safety functions such as traffic & pedestrian control, parking, security and transportation for campus-wide events;
• Administrative responsibilities could include payroll timekeeping, maintaining or reviewing Campus Safety incident reports, investigations, vehicle registration and all related databases;
• Coordinate the Campus Parking & Transportation Services;
• Assist with the College’s ID card, access control, video monitoring, and Guard Tour systems;
• Participate in the conduct review system for students;
• Remain current with Clery/Title IX/VAWA mandates; assist with compiling and publishing campus crime statistics and annual report in accordance with Clery Act requirements;
• Oversee SVC’s Safety Committee that addresses matters pertaining to workplace safety & OSHA requirements; conduct fire and lockdown drills each semester;
• Maintain positive and professional relationships with all College departments and Divisions; serve on campus-wide committees.
• Primary work hours for this position is 6:00 PM – 2:00 AM during the academic school year and 12:00 noon – 8:00 PM during the summer.
• Associates degree in criminal justice, public administration, or related field required; plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in college safety/security, law enforcement or corporate security, preferably in a supervisory role;
• 2 year’s experience supervising criminal investigations with 3 year’s experience conducting criminal investigations.
• Possess a minimum of Incident Command System (ICS 100), and National Incident Management System (NIMS) 700 certifications;
• Understand and subscribe to the principles of community policing;
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work well with all members of a diverse campus community and outside stakeholders;
• Computer proficiency with Word & Excel required
• CPR/AED/Basic First Aid certified within three months of hire;
• Valid driver’s license.
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for applications is 07-10-2017. Application review will begin immediately. Southern Vermont College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, family or marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com