Information Technology Assistant
Southern Vermont College is seeking candidates for the full-time, year-round position of Information Technology Assistant. The IT Assistant will be part of a multi-function team serving all the IT needs of the College. The incumbent needs a good understanding of computer hardware, the Windows operating systems both server and PC, and the ability to install and uninstall software. This will include the ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and remedy hardware and software errors in the computers on campus.
The ideal candidate will also have excellent communication and customer service skills in order to provide information to students, faculty and staff about computer issues and what steps are being taken to solve the problem at hand.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field, or documented equivalent experience;
- IT experience in an education environment preferred;
- Requires excellent organization skills and successful experience working as part of a flexible multi-function team;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Demonstrated skill with Windows OS (MAC OS a plus);
- Experience with Cisco and/or Ubiquity a plus;
- Ability to lift, carry and install portable information systems equipment;
- Valid driving license in order to drive to remote sites as needed.
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Application review will begin immediately. Southern Vermont College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, family or marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to CSheringham@svc.edu