HEAD SOFTBALL COACH
Southern Vermont College, an NCAA Division III institution, is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic Head Softball Coach for a full-time, 10-month position (August – May), reporting to the Director of Athletics. The Head Coach will effectively manage all aspects of the women’s lacrosse program including supervision and mentoring of assistant coaches and student athletes. Additional administrative responsibilities include recruiting, budgeting, scheduling, and monitoring academic progress of student athletes.
- Strategic recruitment of prospective student athletes to meet roster management, retention and graduation rate goals set forth by athletic administration;
- Budget management and fiscal accountability of the softball program;
- Management of uniforms and equipment, including purchase, assignment and maintenance;
- Game scheduling and management of game contracts
- Planning and management of all aspects of team travel including transportation, lodging and meals.
- Driving school vans to off-campus games, as needed;
- Planning and directing all aspects of practice, individual and team meetings
- Scouting opponents and preparing game plans; management of competition, including game strategy, player and coaching personnel, and bench and on-field decorum;
- Management and guidance of student-athletes in academia and campus life, including tracking academic progress and behavior, with frequent student-athlete consultations;
- Creating a safe and comfortable athletic and professional environment for student-athletes and with other athletic department staff;
- Compliance with policies and rules of Southern Vermont College, the New England Collegiate Conference, and the NCAA; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred.
- Two years of collegiate Softball coaching and recruiting experience, head coaching preferred.
- Excellent organizational, computer and communication skills with the ability to work well with all members of the campus community, alumni and college stakeholders;
- Knowledge of NCAA and the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) policies;
- Certification in CPR/AED/Basic First Aid within three months of hire; and
- Current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume, and three professional references to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Southern Vermont College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com