Head Athletic Trainer
Southern Vermont College, an NCAA Division III institution, is seeking an engaging Head Athletic Trainer. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Athletics. The successful candidate will effectively manage all aspects of sports medicine for the department’s 12 athletic programs. Duties to include but are not limited to facilitating the evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation, and referral of athletically injured student-athletes for physician care.
Specific Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Maintain confidential documentation and record keeping of injury reports and progress notes.
- Ensure effective communication with athletes, coaches, medical professionals and College departments.
- Attend practices, home and away games for selected sports.
- Manage and maintain the athletic training room, and equipment including supplies and inventory.
- Compliance with policies and rules of Southern Vermont College, the New England Collegiate Conference, and the NCAA related to medical care for student-athletes.
- Facilitate concussion testing for student athletes and other safety protocols.
- Organize First Aid and CPR training for staff and coaches.
- Maintain a safe and professional environment for student athletes and department staff.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters in Athletic Training, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of (3) years’ experience as an athletic trainer, within intercollegiate athletics preferred.
- Certification by the National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
- Certification by the National Athletic Trainer’s Association (NATA)
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- State of Vermont athletic training licensure or eligible for such, preferred.
- Strength and Conditioning and Nutrition programming experience, preferred.
- Teaching experience in Athletic Training and Biomechanics, preferred.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, including nights and weekends.
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume and the names and contact information of three professional references to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates to start immediately. Position is open until filled. Southern Vermont College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, family or marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com