Southern Vermont College seeks an experienced Controller to be an integral part of the Business Office team. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Administration & Finance (EVP), the Controller will lead, mentor, support and supervise Business Office staff engaged in financial functions such as payroll, accounts payable, general banking, account reconciliations, external and internal audits, and other related activities. The Controller will also provide assistance and support to the EVP in such matters as audit financial statement preparation, cash management and budgeting, and other areas as required.
Additional responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Serves as a hands-on leader of the department with a commitment to staff development, collaboration, and open communication within the College community;
- Manage a range of complex projects concurrently, including appropriate delegation, with attention to detail to successfully meet deadlines;
- Maintain financial and operational policies, and internal controls, to ensure that all financial transactions are processed with transparency, integrity and in a timely manner;
- Manage approved budget, plus vendors and related contracts.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, CPA preferred;
- Three to five years of experience in public, non-profit or fund accounting, preferably in higher education;
- Supervisory experience in increasingly responsible positions;
- Excellent people management skills with a demonstrated track record of developing staff and creating a positive work environment;
- Good communication skills, verbal and written;
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff, faculty and students;
- Excellent computer skills with accounting software, Excel and Google applications, Financial Edge a plus.
About Southern Vermont College:
Founded in 1974 but with roots extending to 1926, SVC is a small, select, liberal-arts college located on a mountainside campus overlooking the Green Mountains. The College aspires to be a model of an enlightened educational community: diverse, supportive, environmentally respectful, and socially responsible. Through its career-focused liberal arts curriculum, the College transforms students into engaged citizens with a broad perspective of an ever-changing society. The College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume, and the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of three professional references to Human Resources at email@example.com Application review will begin immediately, and those received prior to October 27, 2017 will receive full consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org