CAMPUS SAFETY OFFICER
Southern Vermont College is recruiting for a full-time Campus Safety Officer (CSO). This is a non-sworn position. A CSO patrols campus grounds and buildings on foot or by vehicle to ensure the safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors. The CSO is also a First Responder to calls for assistance including emergency and crisis situations. Response to emergencies includes conducting an initial investigation and subsequent written reports. The officers also maintain detailed logs of their on-campus activities. The CSO must pass the van certification course in order to provide van transportation support when needed.
The Department of Campus Safety operates 24/7/365 days a year therefore the work schedule for a CSO may include day, afternoon, evening or night shifts, including holidays, weekends, unexpected overtime and mandatory work assignments & training. A shift differential is paid for hours worked between midnight and 8 a.m.
Southern Vermont College is an inclusive campus community and the successful CSO should be committed to working with students, faculty, staff and visitors from diverse backgrounds.
The CSO must successfully complete an initial ninety (90) days training period.
- High school graduate;
- Valid driver’s license and insurable to operate College-owned vehicles;
- Ability to attain and maintain certification in Basic First Aid/CPR/AED;
- Successfully complete all FEMA training;
- Must be able to attend and successfully complete campus safety academy;
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word;
- Must be able to use, or learn the Incident Tracker report writing system;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact in sensitive situations;
- Keen attention to detail and strong written communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidential information, exercise sound judgment and work independently;
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous responsibilities in stressful situations;
- Flexibility to work a wide variety of shifts including day, late night/early morning hours, holidays, weekends, unexpected overtime and mandatory work assignments and meetings;
- Law enforcement or security experience is preferred but not necessary.
To apply, submit a resume to Human Resources via e-mail at email@example.com or Human Resources, Room 200, Southern Vermont College, 982 Mansion Drive, Bennington, VT 05201. Application review will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Southern Vermont College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org