Assistant Director for Admission Operations
Southern Vermont College is seeking an Assistant Director for Admission Operations in the Office of Admissions. This is a full-time, twelve-month position for a person who is detail oriented, has excellent organization skills, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner. The ideal candidate will have the ability to balance working independently while also serving as a crucial member of the admissions team. It is key that the Assistant Director for Admission Operations have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and an understanding of the importance of customer service. The incumbent will report directly to the Director of Admissions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfill all student application processing duties including:
- Data entry.
- Updating and maintaining applicant records both electronically and paper records.
- Coordinating the execution of both electronic and print communication/marketing plans.
- Manage Operations for the Office of Admissions:
- Provide support the College’s and department’s main phone lines.
- Oversee the opening and closing procedures for the Office of Admissions.
- Coordinating/Execute campus visits and tours, including scheduling meeting between prospective students and various campus stakeholders
- Manage departmental inventory, purchasing process, Request for Purchases (RFP), and Invoices.
Required qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree, the ability to thrive under pressure and proven ability to see projects through to completion. A proficient knowledge of computer skills are a must with Microsoft Office suite (specifically Excel), Google Docs, and student information systems (CAMS enterprise and Liaison-EMP are the two primary systems currently in use). Experience working in or with an Office of Admissions is preferred. Availability for occasional evening and weekend work is required for enrollment-related events and functions. A valid driver’s license and clear driving record are required.
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to Human Resources at email@example.com. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately until the position is filled. Southern Vermont College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org