ASSISTANT COACH – MEN’S SOCCER
Southern Vermont College, an NCAA Division III institution, is seeking to hire an Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach for the 2019 – 2020 season. This position will report to the Head Coach. The successful candidate will effectively support all aspects of the program including recruiting, supervision, and mentoring of student athletes. The ideal candidate is looking for a career in collegiate coaching. This position will serve as the first assistant coach, and will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the program including but not limited to; game day strategy, recruiting, running training sessions, fundraising, and video breakdowns.
This is a part-time position with a small stipend for the fall season. The ideal candidate is looking to be involved in all aspects of the program including out of season recruiting. There is the potential for additional opportunities at local clubs, private training, as well as the potential for additional money through camps.
- Support strategic recruitment of prospective student athletes
- Support the planning and management of all aspects of team travel including transportation, lodging, and meals
- Drive school vans to off-campus games and events when not traveling by charter bus
- Support all aspects of practice, individual and team meetings
- Support management and guidance of student-athletes in academia and campus life
- Support compliance with policies and rules of Southern Vermont College, the New England Collegiate Conference, and the NCAA
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Soccer coaching experience preferred but not required
- USSF or NSCAA licensing preferred but not required
- Collegiate soccer playing experience preferred
- Desire to work in collegiate athletics
- Current valid driver’s license and clean driving record
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume and the names and contact information of three professional references to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com. Review of candidates to start immediately. Position is open until filled. Southern Vermont College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org