Assistant Coach – Men + Women’s Cross Country
Southern Vermont College, an NCAA Division III institution, is seeking an energetic, Men’s and Women’s Cross Country Assistant Coach for the fall 2017 season reporting to the Head Cross Country and Track and Field Coach. The successful candidate will effectively support all aspects of the Men’s and Women’s Cross Country program including recruiting, supervision and mentoring of student athletes.
- Support strategic recruitment of prospective student athletes.
- Support the planning and management of all aspects of team travel including transportation, lodging and meals.
- Driving school vans to off-campus meets.
- Support all aspects of practice, individual and team meetings.
- Scouting opponents and preparing game plans.
- Support management and guidance of student-athletes in academia and campus life
- Support compliance with policies and rules of Southern Vermont College, the New England Collegiate Conference, and the NCAA
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous Cross Country coaching experience preferred.
- Cross Country recruiting experience preferred.
- Excellent organization, computer and communication skills
- Knowledge of NCAA and the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) policies and rule, preferred.
- Certification in CPR/AED/Basic First Aid within three months of hire
- Current valid driver’s license and clean driving record
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume and the names and contact information of three professional references to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates to start immediately. Position is open until filled. Southern Vermont College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, family or marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com