Southern Vermont College
Southern Vermont College
Southern Vermont College is recruiting for the full-time position of Administrative Coordinator (AC). Reporting to the Director of Campus Safety, the AC performs and/or oversees a diverse variety of administrative duties for the department of Campus Safety & Transportation. A problem solver using independent judgment, the AC will assist with compliance recordkeeping and database management, and be the department’s first point of contact for other divisions and the public. The successful AC will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality, communicate effectively verbally and in writing plus excellent computer skills using the Microsoft Office Suite in a windows-based platform and social media.
The incumbent will also provide van transportation support if needed for department activities.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Dispatches campus safety personnel; issues parking permits and SVC ID cards: receives & screens visitors and telephone calls requiring the use of judgment and the interpretation of policies, rules, and procedures;
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings, program functions and special events;
- Researches information, compiles statistics, and gathers and computes various data; prepares reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources;
- Monitors and assists with departmental payroll timekeeping and purchasing;
- Prepares correspondence, reports, forms, vouchers, work orders, and meeting minutes; proofreads documents for accuracy and compliance with departmental policies;
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendars; facilitates meetings, events and travel arrangements, as required;
- Establishes and maintains departmental electronic and manual files, inventories, and records; implements and maintains data management systems;
- May supervise student employees as appropriate;
- Assists with management of personnel workloads, schedules, training and development;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Associate’s Degree plus 3 years of administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of the position;
- Ability to quickly learn the codes, policies, regulations and procedures related to department;
- Good knowledge of statistical techniques, records maintenance and database management;
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities;
- .Demonstrated ability to compose and edit written materials;
- Ability to make independent administrative/procedural decisions and judgments;
- Ability to compile data and prepare reports;
- Valid driving license, clean driving record and ability to pass the van certification course.
This is a 40 hours Monday-Friday hourly position with occasional evening, weekend and/or holiday work as needed.
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume and full contact information for three professional references to Human Resources at email@example.com Application review will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Southern Vermont College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org