ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – Center for Teaching and Learning
Southern Vermont College is seeking a reliable, flexible, self-motivated Administrative Assistant (AA) for the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). The CTL is supported through a federal TRiO grant and is the main area for academic support services at Southern Vermont College. This is a twelve-month position with negotiable hours (32-37.5 per week) and excellent benefits.
The TRiO Student Support Services program is a federally funded program that provides educational opportunity, academic support, cultural enrichment, and other supports to first-generation and lower-income college students, and students with learning differences.
The AA manages student records for the department by collecting and maintaining records regarding student TRiO eligibility. Continuation of the AA position is contingent upon renewal of grant funding and proficiency in performance.
The AA is the initial contact for many stakeholders; therefore, it is vital that the person present a welcoming, helpful, and open presence to students, faculty, staff and administration for the multi-office department. The AA must be experienced and comfortable working with diverse populations, and be able to interact effectively with individuals in heightened emotional states.
Responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to:
- Track student contacts and use a database for data and record management;
- Assist with budget management and purchasing;
- Coordinate office workflow;
- Prepare reports, including but not limited to the federal Annual Performance Report;
- Arrange meetings, compile mailings, and provide other clerical assistance, such as note-taking, filing, copying, and word-processing to create various office-related documents and communications.
- Associate’s degree and minimum of two years clerical work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills;
- Capable of working independently with accuracy and a focused attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills are required using Microsoft Office suite products, Gmail, and Google calendar, experience with Microsoft Access and Excel is a plus;
- Experience with TRiO or Student Support Programs is desirable but not required. The preferred candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to the mission of Southern Vermont College and the Student Support Services program.
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review begins immediately, and those received prior to November 24, 2017 will receive full consideration.
Southern Vermont College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, family or marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com