The Nicholas Donofrio Distinguished Nursing Scholarship
The Nicholas Donofrio Distinguished Nursing Scholarship supports two first-year and two transfer students pursing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree at Southern Vermont College. Applicants for the scholarship must have been admitted to the Pre-Licensure Nursing track with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA*. Scholarship applications must be submitted no later than midnight on Friday, April 13, 2018.
Students awarded the scholarship will:
• Receive the $5,000 scholarship in addition to their current financial aid package
• Write a thank you note to the scholarship donor• Attend a luncheon with the donor
• Maintaining a 3.0 GPA and proper progression within the Nursing program
*GPAs are recalculated as part of the admissions process.
To apply for the Nicolas Donofrio Distinguished Nursing Scholarship, please provide an essay (not to exceed three pages, double spaced) on one of the following topics and complete the form below:
• Describe the importance of a BSN-prepared nurse being creative and innovative
• Describe the importance of a BSN-prepared nursing being a leader in nursing and healthcare
• Describe the importance of a BSN-prepared nurse being knowledgeable about both science and humanities.