Tutoring & Writing Center
The Learning Cooperative at Southern Vermont College offers free tutoring and writing support services to all SVC students who request assistance. It is located in the Library.
The tutors are students who have been recommended by Southern Vermont College faculty and trained by the Tutor Coordinator. The Learning Cooperative provides the following services:
The Office is staffed by tutors who are proficient in a wide variety of subjects. The hours and tutors' areas of expertise are posted throughout the College. No appointments are necessary. Walk-in tutorials are available five days a week and three nights a week in the Library and Hunter Hall.
If the walk-in tutorial schedule does not offer enough flexibility, students may sign up for individualized tutoring with the Tutor Coordinator.
To schedule an appointment click here: email@example.com
The Tutor Coordinator assists in the organization of study groups for several core courses. A student leader meets regularly with students in the group, helping them review class work and prepare for tests.
The Center for Teaching and Learning regularly schedules workshops focusing on the techniques of studying, including proofreading, note-taking, textbook reading, spelling, and study skills.
THE WRITING CENTER
The Writing Center, a service of the Learning Cooperative, is staffed by professionals and peer writing tutors and serves all members of the College community—students, staff, and faculty. Students may receive help at any stage in the writing process, from topic selection to outline to final draft.For more information on the Learning Cooperative, contact the Tutoring Coordinator at 802-447-4674.
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President