Tutoring & Writing Center
The Learning Cooperative at Southern Vermont College offers free tutoring and writing support services to all SVC students who request assistance. It is located in the Library.
The tutors are students who have been recommended by Southern Vermont College faculty and trained by the Tutor Coordinator. The Learning Cooperative provides the following services:
The Office is staffed by tutors who are proficient in a wide variety of subjects. The hours and tutors' areas of expertise are posted throughout the College. No appointments are necessary. Walk-in tutorials are available five days a week and three nights a week in the Library and Hunter Hall.
If the walk-in tutorial schedule does not offer enough flexibility, students may sign up for individualized tutoring with the Tutor Coordinator.
To schedule an appointment click here: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tutor Coordinator assists in the organization of study groups for several core courses. A student leader meets regularly with students in the group, helping them review class work and prepare for tests.
The Center for Teaching and Learning regularly schedules workshops focusing on the techniques of studying, including proofreading, note-taking, textbook reading, spelling, and study skills.
THE WRITING CENTER
The Writing Center, a service of the Learning Cooperative, is staffed by professionals and peer writing tutors and serves all members of the College community—students, staff, and faculty. Students may receive help at any stage in the writing process, from topic selection to outline to final draft.For more information on the Learning Cooperative, contact the Tutoring Coordinator at 802-447-4674.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"