Tutoring & Writing Center
The Learning Cooperative at Southern Vermont College offers free tutoring and writing support services to all SVC students who request assistance. It is located in the Library.
The tutors are students who have been recommended by Southern Vermont College faculty and trained by the Tutor Coordinator. The Learning Cooperative provides the following services:
The Office is staffed by tutors who are proficient in a wide variety of subjects. The hours and tutors' areas of expertise are posted throughout the College. No appointments are necessary. Walk-in tutorials are available five days a week and three nights a week in the Library and Hunter Hall.
If the walk-in tutorial schedule does not offer enough flexibility, students may sign up for individualized tutoring with the Tutor Coordinator.
To schedule an appointment click here: email@example.com
The Tutor Coordinator assists in the organization of study groups for several core courses. A student leader meets regularly with students in the group, helping them review class work and prepare for tests.
The Center for Teaching and Learning regularly schedules workshops focusing on the techniques of studying, including proofreading, note-taking, textbook reading, spelling, and study skills.
THE WRITING CENTER
The Writing Center, a service of the Learning Cooperative, is staffed by professionals and peer writing tutors and serves all members of the College community—students, staff, and faculty. Students may receive help at any stage in the writing process, from topic selection to outline to final draft.
For more information on the Learning Cooperative, contact the Tutoring Coordinator at 802-447-4674.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- VIRTUAL BOOKSTORE FOR FALL SEMESTER
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- Marine Leads SVC Program for Vets
- CTL Director Named National Endowment for Humanities Scholar
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs
- Tom Otero Heads Newly-Formed Women's Lacrosse Program