Summer Civic Engagement Institute
The Summer Civic Engagement Institute (SCEI) at Southern Vermont College is a five-day, leadership development workshop for rising high school juniors and seniors. The focus of the Institute is to work with student leaders to build an understanding of civic engagement, community development, and democratic leadership while participating in community service in Bennington, Vermont.
SCEI workshops are designed to be educational and provide students with leadership development skills to bring back to their high schools. Workshop topics include discussions on community development, positive social change, social justice, political engagement, fighting apathy, and diversity. Students will graduate with a greater depth of understanding of service and will gain perspective and insight into community engagement.
There is an application process and a fee that pays for housing, meals, and fun evening activities students can participate in after the day's work is done.
If you are a high school junior or senior, or a parent/guardian of a high school junior or senior and are interested in participating in SCEI, download the application below.
For questions or concerns or to find out more about SCEI, please feel free to contact Corie Steinke, Civic Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com or via phone at 802-447-4667.
Download the application form:
Jennifer Nelson, Co-Chair, Assistant Professor of Mathematics.
- Muffie Harvey Rides Again!
- Enrich Your Life Through Fall Classes
- James C. White II, Ph.D., Named Provost
- Graduates in Radiologic Sciences Receive 100% Pass Rate on ARRT Exam
- 12 Student-Athletes Receive NECC All-Conference Academic Honors
- Nursing Division Accredited by CCNE
- Remarks by Commencement Speaker/Honorary Degree Recipient/Author/professor Moustafa Bayoumi
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES