Summer Civic Engagement Institute
The Summer Civic Engagement Institute (SCEI) at Southern Vermont College is a five-day, leadership development workshop for rising high school juniors and seniors. The focus of the Institute is to work with student leaders to build an understanding of civic engagement, community development, and democratic leadership while participating in community service in Bennington, Vermont.
SCEI workshops are designed to be educational and provide students with leadership development skills to bring back to their high schools. Workshop topics include discussions on community development, positive social change, social justice, political engagement, fighting apathy, and diversity. Students will graduate with a greater depth of understanding of service and will gain perspective and insight into community engagement.
There is an application process and a fee that pays for housing, meals, and fun evening activities students can participate in after the day's work is done.
If you are a high school junior or senior, or a parent/guardian of a high school junior or senior and are interested in participating in SCEI, download the application below.
For questions or concerns or to find out more about SCEI, please feel free to contact Corie Steinke, Civic Engagement Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 802-447-4667.
Download the application form:
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- Three School Chiefs Trade Spaces for a Day
- Management & Entrepreneurship Professort Appointed to Lever Advisory Board
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"