Support Services & Accommodations
for Students with Disabilities
Accommodations and services available may include:
- regularly scheduled tutorial sessions.
- content-area academic support.
- exploration of individual learning styles.
- study strategies.
- note-taking methods.
- organizational and time-management skills.
- extended time for exams.
- access to textbooks on tape (Southern Vermont College is an institutional member of Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic).
- academic course pre-advising.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin