Creating a Job Search Strategy
The Job Search can be broken down into 5 Steps to better assist you in organizing the process. Each stage requires you to complete different tasks but each is critical to “career management” in later life. Research tells us that you will probably change jobs anywhere from 5-7 times in your career; understanding these 5 Steps is therefore essential to navigating your career successfully.
Step 1 is to build a vision of you as product and define what you have to offer in the labor market.
Step 2 relates to the financial aspect of your search and determining how much you need to feel secure.
Step 3 is to define your target market; where do wish to live and work and what hiring organizations/companies are located in that area.
Step 4 consists of developing a strategy to reach your targets with appropriate sales literature/message.
Step 5 implements that strategy by meeting people who can connect you with key decision makers.
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- James G. Waldon Joins SVC as Director of Campus Safety
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.