Creating a Job Search Strategy
The Job Search can be broken down into 5 Steps to better assist you in organizing the process. Each stage requires you to complete different tasks but each is critical to “career management” in later life. Research tells us that you will probably change jobs anywhere from 5-7 times in your career; understanding these 5 Steps is therefore essential to navigating your career successfully.
Step 1 is to build a vision of you as product and define what you have to offer in the labor market.
Step 2 relates to the financial aspect of your search and determining how much you need to feel secure.
Step 3 is to define your target market; where do wish to live and work and what hiring organizations/companies are located in that area.
Step 4 consists of developing a strategy to reach your targets with appropriate sales literature/message.
Step 5 implements that strategy by meeting people who can connect you with key decision makers.
Melissa North, Instructor, Division of Nursing.
- Remarks by Commencement Speaker/Honorary Degree Recipient/Author/professor Moustafa Bayoumi
- SVC grads urged: Color outside the lines
- Graduates experience laughter, tears and wisdom
- Author Moustafa Bayoumi Commencement Speaker; Former President Karen Gross to Receive Honorary Degree
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES