Creating a Job Search Strategy
The Job Search can be broken down into 5 Steps to better assist you in organizing the process. Each stage requires you to complete different tasks but each is critical to “career management” in later life. Research tells us that you will probably change jobs anywhere from 5-7 times in your career; understanding these 5 Steps is therefore essential to navigating your career successfully.
Step 1 is to build a vision of you as product and define what you have to offer in the labor market.
Step 2 relates to the financial aspect of your search and determining how much you need to feel secure.
Step 3 is to define your target market; where do wish to live and work and what hiring organizations/companies are located in that area.
Step 4 consists of developing a strategy to reach your targets with appropriate sales literature/message.
Step 5 implements that strategy by meeting people who can connect you with key decision makers.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community