Campus Community Dinner Series – Improving Family Dinner and Connecting SVC with our Local Community
The Campus Community Dinner Series* (CCDS) was conceived as an extension of The Family Dinner Project and provides a unique opportunity for students and local-area families who would like to improve the quality of family dinner time.
Family participants will be introduced to exciting fun ways to enjoy healthy meals, engage in interesting dinner conversations and explore the possibility of a college education as they dine on our campus and interact with our students.
SVC invited five families in the Bennington, VT, area and 10 SVC students to participate in CCDS which launched in February 2011. Throughout the series, participants joined in shared and guided conversations about food, cooking, healthy eating and the value of higher education.
Check our site in the coming weeks to learn more about the CCDS project as it progresses and hear the personal stories of the families and students who are participating.
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- Info on Bennington Water Project Vote
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader
- Military Leader Speaks on King's Life and Legacy
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."