Campus Community Dinner Series – Improving Family Dinner and Connecting SVC with our Local Community
The Campus Community Dinner Series* (CCDS) was conceived as an extension of The Family Dinner Project and provides a unique opportunity for students and local-area families who would like to improve the quality of family dinner time.
Family participants will be introduced to exciting fun ways to enjoy healthy meals, engage in interesting dinner conversations and explore the possibility of a college education as they dine on our campus and interact with our students.
SVC invited five families in the Bennington, VT, area and 10 SVC students to participate in CCDS which launched in February 2011. Throughout the series, participants joined in shared and guided conversations about food, cooking, healthy eating and the value of higher education.
Check our site in the coming weeks to learn more about the CCDS project as it progresses and hear the personal stories of the families and students who are participating.
Jody Schade, MA, Instructor, The Hunter Division of Humanities.
- SVC Members Participate in VWHE Conference
- Business Professor and Students Invited to Sports Sustainability Competition
- Philanthropy Project Enters 4th Year
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES
- 2015 Sarnoff Speech Contest
- Admissions Materials Win Gold & Silver Awards from National Ad Competition