Student Involvement at SVC
College is more than classroom lectures, library research, term papers and final exams that lead to a degree. College is about enhancing your experiences through involvement in campus activities, taking new adventures and forming friendships to last a lifetime. College is about accepting personal challenges, broadening your skills and making your future your reality! The Student Life Department can help you make the most of your college experience.
There are many opportunities for students to participate in a variety of extracurricular and co-curricular activities. Though our campus is small, we offer a wide variety of the social, cultural and educational programs and activities that you expect from any college or university. To learn more about how to get involved at Southern Vermont College, visit these Web sites:
- Mountaineer Events Board - Join the team or learn more about the programs and events that we host! Don't forget to check out our Facebook page!
- MooseCorps Community Service Club - Learn more about MooseCorps and other service opportunities available at SVC! Don't forget to check out our Facebook page!
- Student Government Association (SGA) - What is SGA and how do they work for you?
- Additional Clubs and Organizations - Don't see something that interests you? Start a new club or organization! It's a great way to meet students who share your interests and to make new friends!
Here are only a few of the reasons to get involved at Southern Vermont College:
- Meet new people with similar interests.
- Learn leadership skills and gain practical experience.
- Serve others in meaningful ways through community service opportunities both on and off campus.
- Gain new experiences and information.
- Explore new ideas, career opportunities and goals.
Southern Vermont College can provide you with the experiences you need to reach your goals and have fun at the same time!
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community