Day of Service Programs
Each semester, SVC joins with the Bennington community to provide assistance to some of our local non-profits! Students, faculty and staff don their work clothes, work gloves and smiles as they clean, paint, rake leaves, shovel snow and lend a hand! This program began in February of 2009 with the first annual Martin Luther King, Jr., Day of Service and continued to develop with Our Neighbors, Our Selves in October 2009. In October 2010, SVC community members braved the cold weather and spent the afternoon volunteering at project sites both on campus and in the greater Bennington community. Check out the Day of Service pictures below:
If you are a community partner interested in having SVC community members volunteer at your organization for the upcoming Spring Martin Luther King, Jr., Day of Service, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)