The Bart J. Ruggiere Adaptive Sports Center
The Bart J. Ruggiere Adaptive Sports Center, located at Bromley Ski Area outside of Manchester VT, provides people with disabilities the opportunity to enjoy sports. This winter season, Southern Vermont College students can volunteer with ski and snowboard instruction and other non-skiing tasks. The Bart Center provides training to volunteers, and volunteers must attend four trainings and ski or snowboard at an intermediate level in order to become a volunteer instructor. Volunteers receive vouchers for a free-day pass and lift tickets for each day they volunteer. If you are interested in volunteering with the Bart Center contact firstname.lastname@example.org or learn more at http://www.bartcenter.com/.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"