College is more than classroom lectures, homework and exams. An SVC education is a total learning experience, providing the student with opportunities to develop leadership skills, build lifelong friendships, enhance personal and professional skills, and prepare for a fulfilling and successful life. The Dean of Students oversees the following areas of student life: Counseling, Dining Services, Health Services, Residence Life, and Campus Safety. The staff members in the Student Life department are available to assist students throughout their academic careers at Southern Vermont College.
Southern Vermont College offers a variety of co-curricular programs that compliment and support the academic program. Visit Campus Life at SVC to learn more about these opportunities to become involved.
Student life Mission
The Southern Vermont College Division of Student Life's mission is to provide a rich co-curricular experience in which we:
- Offer a variety of programmatic and leadership opportunities which enhance the college experience.
- Promote personal and social responsibility.
- Empower students to be socially conscious contributors to the campus and greater community.
- Provide a safe and supportive living/learning environment.
Melissa North, Instructor, Division of Nursing.
- SPRING OPEN HOUSE: April 18
- SVC and PAVE Sponsor Events on Violence Awareness: April 21 & 24
- "Flirting with Danger" Documentary: April 22
- Edible Book Fest has been CANCELLED
- "Eight Ten's" - short 10-minute plays: April 24 & 25
- 2015 Sarnoff Speech Contest: May 3
- Honors Convocation: April 29
- COMMENCEMENT 2015 SCHEDULE