College is more than classroom lectures, homework and exams. An SVC education is a total learning experience, providing the student with opportunities to develop leadership skills, build lifelong friendships, enhance personal and professional skills, and prepare for a fulfilling and successful life. The Dean of Students oversees the following areas of student life: Counseling, Dining Services, Health Services, Residential Life, and Campus Safety. The staff members in the Student Life department are available to assist students throughout their academic careers at Southern Vermont College.
Southern Vermont College offers a variety of co-curricular programs that compliment and support the academic program. Visit Campus Life at SVC to learn more about these opportunities to become involved.
Student life Mission
The Southern Vermont College Division of Student Life's mission is to provide a rich co-curricular experience in which we:
- Offer a variety of programmatic and leadership opportunities which enhance the college experience.
- Promote personal and social responsibility.
- Empower students to be socially conscious contributors to the campus and greater community.
- Provide a safe and supportive living/learning environment.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"