Four College Issues Forum with Toby Cosgrove: March 5
February 23, 2010
The Four Colleges Issues Forum presents:
"Developing a Health Care System for the 21st Century"
By Dr. Delos "Toby" Cosgrove
Friday, March 5, 8 p.m.
Church Street Center Auditorium
Massachusetts College of the Liberal Arts
North Adams, Mass.
Free and open to the public. General seating.
Dr. Cosgrove is a world-renowned cardiac surgeon as well as CEO & President of the Cleveland Clinic, which is the second biggest medical group in the world, according to Cleveland Magazine. The magazine just named Dr. Cosgrove one of the most interesting people in 2010 in its January issue. According to the magazine: "Why he’s interesting…Biggest employer in town, second biggest medical group in the world, leader in heart surgery: The Cleveland Clinic’s list of accomplishments grows longer each year. As its leader, Cosgrove, a world-renowned cardiac surgeon with more than 22,000 operations under his scalpel, keeps charging forward. The Clinic is in the midst of a 4-million-square-foot expansion and will soon open a facility in the United Arab Emirates. And President Obama popped in for a discussion on health care in July."
The Four Colleges Issues Forum is a collaboration with Bennington College, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, Southern Vermont College and Williams College.
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- James G. Waldon Joins SVC as Director of Campus Safety
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.