Southern Vermont College Now Offers Dual Enrollment for High School Students
July 8, 2009
A Vermont State Colleges’ program that allows high school students to earn college credit while they are still in school or newly graduated is now being offered by Southern Vermont College, a private college in Bennington. The Dual Enrollment program offers vouchers to qualifying high school students to take up a college course at a growing number of colleges, including SVC, through a partnership agreement.
SVC President Karen Gross called the Dual Enrollment Program a win-win for academically prepared high school students. “Dual Enrollment reduces the time and costs it takes to get a college degree, while challenging students with a college-level curriculum,” she said. Course tuition for Vermont students is subsidized through the State of Vermont’s Next Generation Initiative, pending available funds. Course fees and lab fees are additional and must be paid by the student’s family.
Gross said she looks forward to welcoming high school students to the college. “We are delighted to have SVC be their first collegiate experience; we take that responsibility seriously, working to ensure that students appreciate the power of higher education and the importance of completing their undergraduate education as a gateway to the workforce,” she added.
Students interested in the Dual Enrollment program at SVC should contact their guidance counselor or the SVC registrar, James Frederick, 802-447-6324 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Class sizes can be limited, so early enrollment is advised. For more information on Dual Enrollment at SVC, click here. For more information about the program in general, visit www.vsc.edu and click on special programs.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- VIRTUAL BOOKSTORE FOR FALL SEMESTER
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- Marine Leads SVC Program for Vets
- CTL Director Named National Endowment for Humanities Scholar
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs
- Tom Otero Heads Newly-Formed Women's Lacrosse Program