SVC Radiologic Technology Program Awarded Maximum Accreditation from National Board
April 6, 2009
Southern Vermont College's Radiologic Technology department was notified by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), the agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for accreditation, that a stellar review has earned them the maximum period of accreditation: eight years.
"This is a remarkable achievement for a relatively new program," said SVC President Karen Gross about the accreditation, which can be awarded for three years, five years, or eight years. "I applaud Program Director/Professor Linda Lippacher, her faculty and her students. This is yet another indication of the strong contribution Southern Vermont College is making to healthcare, as we send successful SVC graduates of this highly regarded program into the field and on to improve the lives of many individuals in Vermont and across the nation."
Professor Lippacher, M.A., R.T., has directed the program since its inception in 2003. Students completing the Radiologic Technology program can work in hospitals, clinics and private practices where radiographs of the body are used in diagnosis. JRCERT promotes excellence in education and enhances quality and safety of patient care through the accreditation of educational programs. The SVC Radiologic Technology program was visited by an accrediting team in Fall 2008; this is the second time the program has been reviewed for accreditation.
For more information on the Radiologic Technology degree program at SVC, contact the Office of Admissions at 802-447-6304, 800-378-2782, e-mail email@example.com.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)
- President Gross's Comment to National Journal Article
- Professor Gorham is a Vermont Rising Star