SVC Radiologic Technology Program Awarded Maximum Accreditation from National Board
April 6, 2009
Southern Vermont College's Radiologic Technology department was notified by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), the agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for accreditation, that a stellar review has earned them the maximum period of accreditation: eight years.
"This is a remarkable achievement for a relatively new program," said SVC President Karen Gross about the accreditation, which can be awarded for three years, five years, or eight years. "I applaud Program Director/Professor Linda Lippacher, her faculty and her students. This is yet another indication of the strong contribution Southern Vermont College is making to healthcare, as we send successful SVC graduates of this highly regarded program into the field and on to improve the lives of many individuals in Vermont and across the nation."
Professor Lippacher, M.A., R.T., has directed the program since its inception in 2003. Students completing the Radiologic Technology program can work in hospitals, clinics and private practices where radiographs of the body are used in diagnosis. JRCERT promotes excellence in education and enhances quality and safety of patient care through the accreditation of educational programs. The SVC Radiologic Technology program was visited by an accrediting team in Fall 2008; this is the second time the program has been reviewed for accreditation.
For more information on the Radiologic Technology degree program at SVC, contact the Office of Admissions at 802-447-6304, 800-378-2782, e-mail email@example.com.
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President