SVC Nursing Students Receive 100 Percent Pass Rate
September 4, 2008
The Southern Vermont College Nursing Division is pleased to announce a 100 percent pass rate on the National Licensing Exam for the 2008 graduates of the RN Nursing program.
The licensing examination is a national exam created by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN). Students who successfully complete this exam are eligible for licensure in any state of the United States. A pass rate of 100 percent is a great achievement and difficult to accomplish, due to the rigor of the examination process.
SVC Chair of the Nursing Division Patricia Wrightsman stated, “We are very proud of this class and their success. They gave 100 percent of themselves to achieve this goal, balancing family and work responsibilities with significant academic challenges. Each one enters the profession with a commitment to excellence. Congratulations to the class of 2008.”
President Karen Gross stated, “I applaud our nursing students on their success. They will contribute to helping patients and families in time of need, and we are proud of them. Importantly, future nursing students can look to our program as a pathway to success in their chosen profession.”
This level of success demonstrates the excellence of the SVC Nursing program and affirms the mission of Southern Vermont College. Founded in 1926, Southern Vermont College offers a career-enhancing, liberal arts education with 19 academic degree programs for approximately 500 students. Southern Vermont College recognizes the importance of educating students for the workplace of the twenty-first century and for lives as successful leaders in their communities. The College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin