SVC Nursing Students Receive 100 Percent Pass Rate
September 4, 2008
The Southern Vermont College Nursing Division is pleased to announce a 100 percent pass rate on the National Licensing Exam for the 2008 graduates of the RN Nursing program.
The licensing examination is a national exam created by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN). Students who successfully complete this exam are eligible for licensure in any state of the United States. A pass rate of 100 percent is a great achievement and difficult to accomplish, due to the rigor of the examination process.
SVC Chair of the Nursing Division Patricia Wrightsman stated, “We are very proud of this class and their success. They gave 100 percent of themselves to achieve this goal, balancing family and work responsibilities with significant academic challenges. Each one enters the profession with a commitment to excellence. Congratulations to the class of 2008.”
President Karen Gross stated, “I applaud our nursing students on their success. They will contribute to helping patients and families in time of need, and we are proud of them. Importantly, future nursing students can look to our program as a pathway to success in their chosen profession.”
This level of success demonstrates the excellence of the SVC Nursing program and affirms the mission of Southern Vermont College. Founded in 1926, Southern Vermont College offers a career-enhancing, liberal arts education with 19 academic degree programs for approximately 500 students. Southern Vermont College recognizes the importance of educating students for the workplace of the twenty-first century and for lives as successful leaders in their communities. The College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- President attends National Center for Learning & Civic Engagement meeting in Denver
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- SVC Mourns the Passing of Campus Safety's Mark Poirier
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs