Southern Vermont College Trustees Name Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, to Board
July 8, 2014
The Board of Trustees at Southern Vermont College appointed Gregg Swain, Psy.D., as a new Board Member at its recent meeting. A resident of New York City and Vermont, Swain has a strong history of involvement with non-profits.
A graduate of Smith College, Swain received a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Baylor University. She has served on numerous boards and committees for organizations in the New York area.
“Gregg Swain brings extraordinary expertise to the Board,” said SVC Board Chair Deborah Wiley. “With a graduate degree in psychology, she has worked with vulnerable students, including in NYC. She understands the needs of non-profits and has a deep commitment to public service and the betterment of communities.”
Swain has served as a Board Member of the Board of Managers at West Side YMCA in New York City since 2003. In addition, she and her husband are Board Members of the Bronx Charter School for Better Learning in New York City. Swain served on the board at Grosvenor Neighborhood House where she was Board President. She was instrumental in the merger of a post 9/11 struggling Grosvenor with the West Side YMCA, which allowed Grosvenor to continue as a strong presence in Manhattan Valley. She also was a former Women’s Committee member at Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club. As a member of various committees at New York’s St. James Church, Swain ran the Soup Kitchen for the Homeless from 1986 to 1990. She recently was a member of the Vestry at Church of the Epiphany in NYC.
In addition to her Board work, Swain enjoys being a Mah Jongg art historian whose book, “Mah Jongg: The Art of the Game” will be published in October by Tuttle Publishing.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- VIRTUAL BOOKSTORE FOR FALL SEMESTER
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- Marine Leads SVC Program for Vets
- CTL Director Named National Endowment for Humanities Scholar
- President's HuffPost on Reforming Student Loans
- Hear President Gross on Texas Public Radio re: Student Debt Options
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs
- Tom Otero Heads Newly-Formed Women's Lacrosse Program