SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
March 26, 2014
We were sorry to learn of the sudden closing of North Adams Regional Hospital and its affiliates, and we are acutely aware of the impact this has on our neighbors and Southern Vermont College alumni in the region. Southern Vermont College has had a positive and beneficial relationship with the hospital over the years, including as one of the clinical sites for our Radiologic Sciences students. Fortunately, our current students who were scheduled for clinical rotations at North Adams have already been placed at other sites for this semester. We are thankful to Southwestern Vermont Medical Center for working with SVC on those placements. This closure does not affect SVC Nursing students, as SVC has not used North Adams as a nursing clinical site in recent years. We do have many alumni of the College who were employed by the hospital, so our thoughts are with them at this stressful time.
For further questions, please contact our Communications Office at 802.447-6388 or email email@example.com.
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President