SVC Professors and Provost Participate in Interfaith Conference
January 27, 2014
Professor Tom Redden, Greater Bennington Interfaith Council (GBIC) member and SVC adjunct professor Betsey Belvin, and Provost Al DeCiccio were among 125 invited participants from across the country at a Conference at New York University, entitled "Toward a Field of Interfaith Studies: Course Sequences, Pedagogies, and Best Practices," sponsored by the Interfaith Youth Core (IYC) and noted scholar Eboo Patel. The participants engaged in conversations about diversity, pluralism, world views, empathy, and progressive pedagogies. All were invited to submit a grant proposal to design a courses or concentration of courses that will address these topics and that will prepare students for responsible global interaction. SVC was invited because of the work President Gross asked the College and the Greater Bennington Interfaith Council to undertake in the re-design and offering of Comparative Religions, which Professor Tracey Forest is teaching this spring along with Ms. Belvin and others from the GBIC.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- VIRTUAL BOOKSTORE FOR FALL SEMESTER
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- Marine Leads SVC Program for Vets
- CTL Director Named National Endowment for Humanities Scholar
- President's HuffPost on Reforming Student Loans
- Hear President Gross on Texas Public Radio re: Student Debt Options
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs
- Tom Otero Heads Newly-Formed Women's Lacrosse Program