SVC Professor Jeb Gorham Recognized as a Vermont Rising Star
October 22, 2013
Professor Jeb Gorham of The McCormick Division of Business at Southern Vermont College (SVC) has been named a Rising Star for 2013, a recognition sponsored by the Vermont Business Magazine.
Nominated by SVC’s senior leaders, Gorham was selected by Vermont Business Magazine’s panel of judges for his commitment to business growth, professional excellence, and involvement in his community. Gorham teaches classes in Event Development and Management, Organizational and Management Theory, Philanthropy, and Sports Finance, and he is the Faculty Athletic Representative and Chair of the CASE Management Task Force at SVC.
The judges included Governor Jim Douglas; Steve Cook, Deputy Commissioner, Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing; Anson Tebbetts, News Director, WCAX; Nicole Ravlin, Co-Founder, PMG Public Relations; Margi Swett, President, Vermont Trophy and Engraving; John Lyons, General Manager, Wilkins Harley Davidson; and Linda Rossi, State Director, Vermont Small Business Development Center.
Gorham will receive the Rising Star award, along with 39 young professionals, on Thursday, November 7, at Double Tree Hotel in South Burlington from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
John Boutin, publisher of Vermont Business Magazine, explains that “for these young professionals it’s not just about business. It’s about them making a difference in their communities.”
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community