SVC Professor Jeb Gorham Recognized as a Vermont Rising Star
October 22, 2013
Professor Jeb Gorham of The McCormick Division of Business at Southern Vermont College (SVC) has been named a Rising Star for 2013, a recognition sponsored by the Vermont Business Magazine.
Nominated by SVC’s senior leaders, Gorham was selected by Vermont Business Magazine’s panel of judges for his commitment to business growth, professional excellence, and involvement in his community. Gorham teaches classes in Event Development and Management, Organizational and Management Theory, Philanthropy, and Sports Finance, and he is the Faculty Athletic Representative and Chair of the CASE Management Task Force at SVC.
The judges included Governor Jim Douglas; Steve Cook, Deputy Commissioner, Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing; Anson Tebbetts, News Director, WCAX; Nicole Ravlin, Co-Founder, PMG Public Relations; Margi Swett, President, Vermont Trophy and Engraving; John Lyons, General Manager, Wilkins Harley Davidson; and Linda Rossi, State Director, Vermont Small Business Development Center.
Gorham will receive the Rising Star award, along with 39 young professionals, on Thursday, November 7, at Double Tree Hotel in South Burlington from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
John Boutin, publisher of Vermont Business Magazine, explains that “for these young professionals it’s not just about business. It’s about them making a difference in their communities.”
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President