Renee Bouchard Art Exhibit at Southern Vermont College Gallery
October 21, 2013
“Baby Ensor: Recent Paintings,” an exhibit by Bennington artist Renee Bouchard, will be on display in Southern Vermont College’s Burgdorff Gallery through December 19.
Bouchard’s recent work chronicles the last 19 months of her life as a new mother, beginning with an oil painting, entitled “Conception.” The watercolors were developed from her memory as well as in Bouchard’s studio with her baby as the model while he was sleeping and playing.
“Each watercolor is a collection of multiple moments in the ever-changing passage of time,” Bouchard explains.
Bouchard is inspired by the work of people with mental illness, folk art, children’s art, and creations beyond the boundaries of the traditional “art world.”
Bouchard states, “For me the beauty lies in what happens after my intended mark. It’s the unexpected that keeps me engaged. Escaping the confines of one reality and entering a new reality is often where I find meaning within the complexity of the mind and the emotions it houses.”
Bouchard graduated from the Maine College of Art and attended the Cleveland Institute of Art and the Phoebe Flory Watercolor School. She is a recipient of awards and honors from the Vermont Arts Council, Cooper Union, the Robert Rauschenberg Foundation, and from the Kate Millet Art Colony for Women. Her work has been represented at McDaris Fine Art in Hudson, N.Y.
For more information on Bouchard’s exhibit, contact Southern Vermont College Professor Greg Winterhalter at 802-447-6316 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community