Southern Vermont College Welcomes Alyssa Diamond as New Assistant Athletic Trainer
August 7, 2013
The Southern Vermont College Department of Athletics is pleased to announce the hiring of Alyssa Diamond as the new assistant athletic trainer.
Diamond comes to the Mountaineer athletics staff after graduating from Bridgewater State University (BSU) this past spring with a Master of Science degree in Athletic Training. She took undergraduate courses and graduated from the University of Massachusetts Amherst with a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology and a minor in Psychology.
"Alyssa's varied experiences bring valuable assets to the SVC athletic training room,” commented head athletic trainer Ashley Hodges. “She is committed to ensuring the health and safety of student-athletes she works with, and I am excited to begin working with her."
Accredited in April by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification, Diamond has also been an American Red Cross certified first aid responder since 2007. She has been a member of the National Athletic Trainers Association and was a member of the Athletic Trainers of Massachusetts since 2011.
While at BSU, Diamond worked with the football, swimming and diving, and wrestling teams as well as apply modality treatments, developed reconditioning programs for athletes, and observed and assisted the team physician. During this past spring, she also worked at Bishop Stang High School in Dartmouth, Mass., having many of the same responsibilities that she carried at Bridgewater while working with the basketball, baseball, softball, and track and field teams.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community