Fall Classes at Southern Vermont College Include Sports Finance, Evidence & Court Procedure and More
July 30, 2013
This fall, Southern Vermont College is offering a variety of courses that are beneficial for any learner. Led by distinguished professors who employ the very best practices for engaged learning, classes start Thursday, September 5, on subjects in the arts, the environment, healthcare, business, the global community, sports management, entrepreneurship, criminal justice, and politics. The College is also offering courses in the discipline of Nursing and is still accepting applications for qualified students wishing to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
There are special rates for students over age 60 and for alumni of SVC or its predecessor, St. Joseph College, who have earned a bachelor’s degree.
In The McCormick Division of Business, courses include Organizational Management Theory, Business Law, Sports Finance, the Virtual Enterprise, and Marketing.
The Hunter Division of Humanities offers such courses as New Media Production, Introduction to Creative Writing, Effective Speaking, The Search for God, Introduction to Film, and Fiction.
In The John Merck Division of Science and Technology, Introduction to Healthcare and Healthcare Insurance may be beneficial to those seeking more information on the increasingly important subject of healthcare in America. The Division is also offering such courses as Human Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Microbiology, Organic Chemistry, and Physics.
The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences will be offering Introduction to Criminal Justice, Evidence and Court Procedure, Punishment and Corrections, and others in the criminal justice field. The Division also offers History of Asia, Introduction to Psychology, and Sociology.
The Division of Nursing offers courses, such as the Foundations of Nursing and Maternity Child Health Nursing, which provide hands-on training for Southern Vermont College Nursing students. (Please contact the Office of Admissions for information about this College’s new, four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.)
There are a variety of other courses to choose from; view the course schedule online. There’s still time to enroll in a degree program at Southern Vermont College for the fall. Admissions staff is available to answer any questions by calling 802-447-6300 or e-mail email@example.com. Space is limited in certain classes, so register early by calling the Registrar’s Office at 802-447-6324.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin