Research Training Course on Aging and Alzheimer's Offered this Summer at SVC
May 2, 2013
This summer, a scientific research course at Southern Vermont College will offer students the opportunity to be part of a unique research team studying the effects of aging and Alzheimer’s disease. The class will be taught by Dr. Barry Flanary and includes hands-on research in cellular and molecular biology.
The class will focus on current concepts in aging and Alzheimer’s disease, including diagnosis and treatment. This four-credit, undergraduate, research course is designed for students who wish to obtain hands-on training and experience in cellular and molecular biological research. Students will have the opportunity to examine young and healthy cells and compare them to those from aging people and people with Alzheimer’s disease. They will learn how to track their experiments and results and share their findings with other researchers.
The class will meet from May 20 to June 20 on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Dr. Flanary has been researching aging and Alzheimer’s disease for 16 years. He has taught a variety of science courses and has been published in numerous peer-reviewed scientific journals.
For more information on this course or to register, contact Dr. Flanary of SVC’s John Merck Division of Science and Technology at 802-447-4312 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. CLICK HERE to view a complete listing of summer courses. For general SVC admission inquiry, contact the Office of Admissions at 802-447-6300 or e-mail email@example.com.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community