Jamie Cousineau, a Peer Tutor, and Catherine Burns, Learning Specialist and Tutor Coordinator Present at Health Symposium
March 11, 2013
On March 9, Jamie Cousineau, a peer tutor, and Catherine Burns, Learning Specialist and Tutor Coordinator in the Center for Teaching and Learning, presented at a Health Symposium at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Their topic was "Strategies for Assisting Vulnerable Students in a Healthcare Major Prerequisite." Jamie, a Nursing major, gave the actual presentation, and Catherine gave attendees information on the creation and history of SVC's Anatomy and Physiology stretch course.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin