Vermont Reads Program Features Community Discussions on "Poetry 180: A Turning Back to Poetry"
March 27, 2013
Southern Vermont College (SVC) and The Hiland Hall School have been collaborating on events in March and April for this year’s Vermont Reads book selection, “Poetry 180: A Turning Back to Poetry,” an anthology of inviting, contemporary poems selected by former US Poet Laureate, Billy Collins. The 2013 Vermont Reads program is sponsored by the Vermont Humanities Council. “Poetry 180” aspires to compel people to read, recite, and, most of all, enjoy poetry.
On Tuesday, April 2, Southern Vermont College will host an event, entitled “Favorite Poem Community Reading.” Members of the audience will have an opportunity to read aloud a poem of their choice and to listen to those that others read. The event, from 7 to 8:30 p.m., will take place in the College’s Everett Mansion Theatre. A reception will follow in the Burgdorff Gallery, where Vermont Reads drawings by students in Barbara Ackerman’s Digital Arts class from Mount Anthony Union High School will be on display. The Everett Theatre at SVC is ADA accessible.
On March 4, The Hiland Hall School hosted a book group discussion, entitled “Poetry 180: A Turning Back to Poetry.”
The Vermont Reads Program is “A Statewide, One-book Community Reading Program,” sponsored by the Vermont Humanities Council. To learn more information about this program and other programs offered by Vermont Humanities Council, go to http://www.vermonthumanities.org. The public is invited to the event on April 2, which is free. For more information, contact SVC’s Reference Librarian Andrea Robare at 802-447-6311 or e-mail email@example.com.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- Learning Cooperative Coordinator Becomes a Certified Master Reviewer
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)