Welcome Back President Gross!
January 18, 2013
Southern Vermont College celebrates the return of President Karen Gross on January, 22, 2013! Karen has been on leave from the College since January 15, 2012, having served as Senior Policy Advisor to the US Department of Education in Washington, DC. While in Washington, Karen worked on a variety of initiatives to promote educational success for students across the nation, including programs to assist returning service members and first generation college students complete their undergraduate education. Students, faculty, alumni and the Bennington community are invited to lively and engaging discussions with Karen about her experiences within the Beltway. Stay tuned for dates for both informal drop-in “Conversations with Karen,” and more formal presentations. She will also be walking the campus and visiting downtown Bennington upon her return to meet, greet and listen to campus and community members.
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President