Catherine McKeen Appointed Director of Center for Teaching and Learning at Southern Vermont College
October 22, 2012
Catherine McKeen has joined the staff at Southern Vermont College (SVC) as the Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). McKeen will oversee the CTL, which is funded in part by a federal TRiO grant. The TRiO program, which traces its genesis to the 1964 Educational Opportunity Act, is designed to provide educational access and academic support services for first-generation, lower-income students, and students with documented learning disabilities. The CTL offers tutoring, academic advising, and support for students with learning differences, and its services are available and free to all SVC students. The CTL has expanded its reach by providing support and development opportunities to teaching faculty at the College.
Prior to her position at SVC, McKeen held visiting teaching positions at Skidmore College, Bennington College, Clark University, and Williams College. She held a tenured position in philosophy at the State University of New York at Brockport, and was the Chair of Women’s and Gender Studies, interim Chair of the Philosophy Department, and interim Director of Philosophic Exchange at SUNY Brockport.
McKeen earned a Ph.D. in Philosophy from Rutgers University and a graduate certificate in Women’s Studies from Rutgers. She also holds an M.A. in Philosophy from Washington University and a B.A. in Philosophy from Wellesley College in Massachusetts.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)