Healthcare Forum on "Patient Safety and Quality - It is a Matter of Life and Death" at Southern Vermont College
October 2, 2012
Billie Lynn Allard, R.N., M.S., Director of Education and Organizational Development at Southwestern Vermont Health Care (SVHC) in Bennington, will speak on “Patient Safety and Quality – It is a Matter of Life and Death” on Tuesday, Oct. 23, at Southern Vermont College. The presentation will take place in the Everett Mansion Theatre from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., and the general public is invited to attend.
At SVHC, Allard re-engineered a program which focused on the creation of patient safety, quality and teamwork. She led strategic planning retreats with the Education and Clinical Nurse Specialist team to support system strategic goals for the Institute of Medicine report for nursing. Prior to SVHC, Allard was Vice President of Patient Care Services and Director of Emergency Nursing Services at North Adams Regional Hospital.
Allard is a member of the Clinical Issues Advisory Council at the Massachusetts Hospital Association, the Western Regional Committee at Massachusetts Organization of Nurse Executives, American Organization Nurse Executives, Mountain One Financial Services and on the Advisory Board Committee at Berkshire Community College. She received a Master of Science degree in Nursing from Russell Sage College, an Associate in Science degree in Nursing from Berkshire Community College and a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Growth and Development from University of Massachusetts.
This healthcare forum is sponsored by the Division of Nursing at Southern Vermont College. For more information, call 802-447-4661 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- VIRTUAL BOOKSTORE FOR FALL SEMESTER
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- Marine Leads SVC Program for Vets
- CTL Director Named National Endowment for Humanities Scholar
- President's HuffPost on Reforming Student Loans
- Hear President Gross on Texas Public Radio re: Student Debt Options
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs
- Tom Otero Heads Newly-Formed Women's Lacrosse Program