Healthcare Forum on "Patient Safety and Quality - It is a Matter of Life and Death" at Southern Vermont College
October 2, 2012
Billie Lynn Allard, R.N., M.S., Director of Education and Organizational Development at Southwestern Vermont Health Care (SVHC) in Bennington, will speak on “Patient Safety and Quality – It is a Matter of Life and Death” on Tuesday, Oct. 23, at Southern Vermont College. The presentation will take place in the Everett Mansion Theatre from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., and the general public is invited to attend.
At SVHC, Allard re-engineered a program which focused on the creation of patient safety, quality and teamwork. She led strategic planning retreats with the Education and Clinical Nurse Specialist team to support system strategic goals for the Institute of Medicine report for nursing. Prior to SVHC, Allard was Vice President of Patient Care Services and Director of Emergency Nursing Services at North Adams Regional Hospital.
Allard is a member of the Clinical Issues Advisory Council at the Massachusetts Hospital Association, the Western Regional Committee at Massachusetts Organization of Nurse Executives, American Organization Nurse Executives, Mountain One Financial Services and on the Advisory Board Committee at Berkshire Community College. She received a Master of Science degree in Nursing from Russell Sage College, an Associate in Science degree in Nursing from Berkshire Community College and a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Growth and Development from University of Massachusetts.
This healthcare forum is sponsored by the Division of Nursing at Southern Vermont College. For more information, call 802-447-4661 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community