Southern Vermont College Celebrates Homecoming Weekend with Home-Team Advantage in Soccer and Alumni Baseball Game
September 14, 2012
Southern Vermont College invites the public to free athletic events, including the men’s and women’s cross country Mountaineer Invitational, men’s and women’s soccer and an annual alumni baseball game, on campus during Family and Homecoming Weekend, September 21 to 23.
On Saturday, September 22, a citizen’s 5K run/walk will take place at the Everett Mansion beginning at 10 a.m. From 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., the alumni baseball game will take place at Bill Epstein Field. The alumni gathering is the 5th annual event held for former ball players. Also on Saturday, the women’s cross country invitational will start at the Everett Mansion at 11 a.m., and the men’s meet will begin at 12 p.m.
SVC’s women’s soccer team will face conference rival Lesley University at 1 p.m. at Everett Field. The men’s soccer game begins at 3 p.m., also against conference rival Lesley University.
Southern Vermont College will also hold the Athletics Hall of Fame induction ceremony that Saturday at 7 p.m. in the Mountaineer Athletic Center. For more information, contact SVC Director of Sports Information Mike Nosek at 802-447-4672 or email@example.com.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- President attends National Center for Learning & Civic Engagement meeting in Denver
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- SVC Mourns the Passing of Campus Safety's Mark Poirier
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs